Monday, April 28, 2008

Indeed He is Risen!


The pains of Hell (this time it's Hell in pain), for all now in the warm embrace of Pascha:
Today hell cries out groaning:
I should not have accepted the Man born of Mary.
He shattered the gates of brass.
As God, He raised the souls that I held captive…
Today, hell cries out groaning:
My dominion has been shattered.
I received a dead man as one of the dead,
but against Him I could not prevail.
From eternity I had ruled the dead,
but behold, He raises all.
Because of Him, I perish.
Today, hell cries out groaning:
My power has been trampled upon.
The Shepherd has been crucified and Adam has been raised.
I have been deprived of those whom I ruled.
Those whom I have swallowed in my strength I have given up.
He who was crucified has emptied the tomb.
The power of death has been vanquished.

No comments:

Post a Comment