Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lenten cookbooks. Anyone? Anyone?

As my wife is great with child and the due date nears I find myself in need of Lenten cookbook recommendations so I can help out in the kitchen. They don't have to be for complete beginners (she knows better than to leave me alone with fire and her cookware) so feel free to recommend your favorites via comment or email. Individual recipes also appreciated - they may end up reposted here.

To all men in a similar situation I recommend this post entitled 'Helping Your Pregnant Wife'. It begins:

Dr. Awesome,

I hear that Mrs. Awesome is pregnant with Dr. Awesome Jr. Congratulations! My wife is also pregnant with our second and she has not been her usually cheerful self of late, which is not surprising since she generally feels like death warmed over. Would you mind sharing some Awesome tips on being a supportive husband for your pregnant wife? I want to help her out and not lose my mind at the same time.

Dave

3 comments:

  1. I highly recommend any & all of Molly Katzen's cookbooks, especially her Moosewood Cookbook, for vegetarian (Lenten)recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the one you showed, as well as the Moosewood. I also have a good Vegetarian Times cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots to choose from with Molly Katzen after a brief look at Amazon. Thanks!

    I have 2 Veg. Times cookbooks somewhere. Thanks for the reminder.

    Keep 'em coming, people!

    ReplyDelete