Monday, February 9, 2009

Potamitis Publishing children's books

For all you parents out there, I try to post books for children when I find them (H/T: Mind in the Heart). Here's a new find that includes a very nice flip-through function missing in most online retailers. As someone who has been pleasantly surprised at times and alternately chagrined at what the UPS faerie dropped off at my door, I'm very much in favor of the "look inside" option.

Potamitis Publishing brings you the finest Orthodox children's books, available in both English and Greek. Our mission is to offer compelling and helpful books that will support you and your family's growth in Christ and His Church.

Filled with lush and vibrant images, praised by His All-Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew the 1st, these books offer engaging stories that make Orthodox teachings accessible for little ones and adults alike.

Printed in Greece on high quality paper, these books are sure to become treasured additions to your collection.

3 comments:

  1. Also, a couple of the books have been read aloud in the "Readings from Under the Grapevine" podcast on Ancient Faith Radio. I was impressed. I'm going to pick up a couple of them as soon as I get my Paypal account squared away. I think that the publisher ships them from Greece; I might be wrong, but I think that he doesn't have a US distributor yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father, bless!
    Thanks for your kind comment.
    You´re right we ship our wholesale orders from the parish of Saint Demetrios, the parish of the cathedral of the town of Agios Demetrios, Attica. Retail orders from the USA are shipped from our distributor in the West Coast. But you can actually get the books through the internet at places such as: Orthodox Marketplace, St. Nectarios Press, Saint Vladimir´s. You can also buy them at various Monasteries and parishes. check our website click on the hoopoe under retailers. (remember to screw the volume down, our website is loud!) Pls. Have us, and our parish in your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ordered these books. Will review them again when they get here.

    ReplyDelete