Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Very droll, sir.

We are amused. From Standing on My Head answering questions on the new Anglican Ordinariate...

Q: I am a married man, and a bishop in the Foursquare Anglican Church of the First Remove. I bear a valid miter and crozier purchased from Wippell's in London (I still have the receipt) My apostolic orders are descended from St Jude the Obscure through the Davidic line of the Celtic Obsession. I understand that Anglican bishops who convert, although no longer bishops, may take their place in the Catholic Bishops conference with the rank of retired bishops and that we may still wear our purple cassock and capa magna. In my case I usually wear the triple tiara as well to symbolize the three parishes in my jurisdiction. Is there any possibility that I might be made a Cardinal one day and be given an apartment in the Vatican Palace?

A: The possibility is extremely remote.

No comments:

Post a Comment