Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Merry Christmas to you all!

Christ is born! Glorify Him!

In lieu of Nativity Youtube videos, excerpts from kontakia, or the like I'm going to post a quick family update. I don't do that enough and it has been requested that I make the blog more 'personal' when possible.

The snow and ice kept us from attending many Nativity services, which was quite annoying. On Christmas Eve we piled into the car, drove a few miles down the road, and found that we couldn't stop as we slid slowly towards the rear bumper of the vehicle stopped in front of us (we missed it by a few feet). Knowing the weather was getting worse and that we hadn't even braved the highway (and already started looking for our insurance information "just in case"), we decided to return home.

The wife prepared some excellent food. I must say that after many weeks of fasting my body recoils from meat and dairy quite alarmingly a few hours after culinary bliss. I often feel like I'm getting the flu. If there's a term for the discomfort associated with breaking the fast I'd like to know it. There is value in being able to put a name to my nemesis. Still, after many years of fasting and feasting I continue to dive headlong into once forbidden fare without a care. I am prepared to do so again as I ponder the festal meal tonight in celebration of my name day.

The blog continues to chug along at a delightful pace. We are on track for the two thousandth post in late January or early February. In recent weeks people have begun submitting news stories for posting, which I greatly appreciate. Thanks to all that take the time to visit.

A blessed Nativity to you all! God is with us!

7 comments:

  1. A Blessed Christmas to you and yours, Joseph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful blog and it's the absolutely one web site I cannot go a day without visiting. Many blessings for the coming year.

    Tina G
    San Antonio, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christ is Born!

    Happy Name day a day late. I know what you mean about the post fast tummy aches.. don't know what it's called, but I've had my fair share of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Post-fast flu-like symptom name?

    40-N1 Virus?
    Leavetaking of the Fast Gastric Syndrome?
    St. Peptobismolopolos Day?
    It Was Truly Meat?
    Ancestral Festal Curse?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the well wishes! "It Was Truly Meat" ranks high in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Jingle Bowels" also on the list now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heh, I like It was Truly Meat, bwaahahahahahahah.
    I don't eat meat, but do eat dairy, and have heard of, but not experienced, this issue.

    And, Christ is Born!

    ReplyDelete