Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Of assignations and predilictions

I took the wife to dinner last night and pondered that there are times when I get the urge to write on a topic of immediate importance to me. With this bee in my bonnet I crank up the blog editor and get to writing a few quick sentences only to come upon a pause in my thinking. This pause is usually where I read over what I've produced so far and weigh its worth. The vast majority of times the strong desire to write on some topic proves to have been merely cathartic, but sometimes the topic meets with my requirements (not ad hominem, nothing so novel as to disagree with patristic sources, not so esoteric as to serve to stroke my ego) and I forge ahead. Even then, while waiting for further reflection, some things sit in the unpublished queue until they are covered in a layer of dust and fade into obscurity.

While I don't plan to immediately start animating undead posts, I do hope to put in a little more original content. Hopefully, some of the lurkers out there will throw a few comments my way.

6 comments:

  1. Been a longtime reader myself, though I've never commented-- nevertheless, looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this on my blog yesterday...I posted something, then realized it was more cathartic for me than anything else. I deleted the post, but I was glad for having had the thought.

    Hugs,
    Jo
    (formerly Babushka, now just Handmaid
    at http://handmaidjoanna.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a common growing phase in blogging. I've seen many a blogger make a rather strong posting only to either withdraw the post or the blog entirely. Added your blog to my reading list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Joseph. My new blog feels more like "me", a mixture of posts focused on being a handmaid of the Lord and a heartwife in the home. Pure and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josephus, I find the human side of blogs is what I read them for. I can read patristics anywhere and on dozens of blogs. I don't have to agree with you on everything, but I do like to know what people are thinking and their reactions to just about everything in the world not just "orthodox issues". I don't particularly want to know what you ate for supper unless its a new BBQ recipe, but I'd like to know your take on gluttony when faced with great BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Esp.during a fasting day. :)

    ReplyDelete