Thursday, March 10, 2011

Please pray for my wife and child

By doctor's order my wife will be induced early tomorrow morning. Please pray for a safe delivery for my wife (Svetlana) and daughter. The below is a prayer I found that might prove helpful should you bless me with your prayers.

O all-merciful Christ our God, look upon them and preserve them, Thy servants, from fear and evil spirits, which hope to destroy the work of Thy hands. And when their hour and time will come, grant them deliverance according to Thy grace. Look upon them in Thy mercy and free Thy servants from torment. Alleviate the hardships of their pregnancy and grant them the strength and fortitude to give birth and enable this with Thine all-powerful help. For this is Thy wondrous creation, the power of Thy omnipotence, the work of Thy grace and mercy. Amen.

- A slightly modified version of this prayer

11 comments:

  1. I am going to pray the Akathist to Matushka Olga of Alaska tonight so I will ask her to pray for Svetlana and Baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Met Tryphon's Akathist of Thanksgiving with prayers for grace for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. Your wife, child and whole family are and will be in my prayers.

    May she who is more spacious than the heavens protect you by her prayers.

    When you can, please us update us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May God grant a safe delivery, a healthy child and peaceful parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers. Lord have Mercy, Lord have Mercy, Lord have Mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord have mercy! May our Holy Mother be with you all tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will pray...

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers are offered for a safe delivery and many blessings.

    ReplyDelete