Thursday, November 10, 2011

Think St. Vlad's should do distance education? Tell them!

I called St. Vlad's just a year ago and was told that they had made no inroads on distance education. I'm glad to see that has changed or, at least, is beginning to change.


(SVOTS) - St. Vladimir's Seminary is conducting a survey to assist in the development of distance learning programs for the Doctor of Ministry, Master of Arts, and Continuing Education programs. The Rev. J. Sergius Halvorsen, associate professor for Homiletics and Rhetoric at St. Vladimir's, will be using the information from the survey to determine if distance learning programs present viable opportunities to the seminary and potential students. From 2000 to 2011 Fr. Sergius taught at Holy Apostles College and Seminary in Cromwell, Connecticut, where he also served as Director of Distance Learning.

Please click here to complete the survey on-line; please share the link to this survey with anyone who might be interested in these programs; and please complete the survey by Wednesday, November 16, 2011!

3 comments:

  1. Good Deal. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all in favor of the program, but the link doesn't seem to work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a great idea. As a lay person, who will never be a priest, I woudl still like to take a few courses. I work different shifts and days so a regular night course on site would not work for me. An online course is perfect for people like me.

    ReplyDelete