Thursday, January 12, 2012

A new Orthodox book club

From the blog Adventures of an Orthodox Mom...


I mentioned on Facebook last week, that I was thinking about starting a book club (or a Book of the Month Club) here on Adventures of an Orthodox Mom. I haven't ironed out all the details yet but right now I'm thinking it would be great if we can have get through one book per month. I'll assign a set amount of chapters and then we can meet here on a certain day and time to discuss each assignment. Skype has a way of creating just chat rooms, so no webcams are involved, that might be another option for our discussions.

There are so many incredible Orthodox books that I really want the focus to be on them, but I love the classics too and wouldn't mind throwing some of them in the mix too. I'm also excited that several Orthodox titles are now available in e-format!

Everyone is welcome to join in, this isn't just for Orthodox moms. If you're interested in learning more about the lives of our saints, holy elders and faith, feel free to sign up! I just ask that everyone be respectful of others opinions.

So...any takers? I'd love to hear any book recommendations you might have too! I've never hosted an online book club, so any suggestions on how to better organize this will be appreciated (cough, cough, Mimi)!

No comments:

Post a Comment