Saturday, March 2, 2013

Resurrection of our Lord Chapel in Dachau Camp

A small Russian Orthodox Chapel, named "Resurrection of our Lord," is located just to the left of the tourist entrance into the crematoria area at the Dachau Memorial Site. It was built by members of the Russian armed forces and was dedicated on April 29, 1995, the 50th anniversary of the liberation of the Dachau concentration camp by American troops. More information available here.

1 comment:

  1. An article on the Pascha service held at this camp in 1945: