The foundational purpose of the Patriarch Tikhon Russian-American Music Institute is:
- to promote prayerful and professionally executed Russian Orthodox church singing in North America (in both the English and Church Slavonic);
- to establish the process and infrastructure for Maestro Vladimir Gorbik and other Orthodox conductors to instruct and influence the dynamic beauty of Eastern Orthodox conducting and singing in America and Canada.
Our intent is to positively improve the prayerful sound and quality of Orthodox church singing through:
- training a new generation of master conductors
- growing the ranks of professionally trained singers in church choirs
- significantly increasing the musical collaboration among members of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR), the Orthodox Church in America (OCA), and the faculty of the Moscow Representation Church of the Holy Trinity–Saint Sergius Lavra.