Some asked if the OCA would get a name in under the Russians. The answer is no, but it looks like there was a concerted effort to make a delegation populated by hierarchs from all over the globe.
(ROC) - The Holy Synod session on April 16, 2016, held a preliminary discussion on the membership of the Russian Orthodox Church’s delegation to the Pan-Orthodox Council to take place from June 18 to 27, 2016. After an additional coordination with all the members of the Holy Synod the following proceeding was approved:
Minutes No. 34
Membership of the Russian Orthodox Church’s delegation to the Pan-Orthodox Council to take place from June 18 to 27, 2016, in Crete.
In accordance with the decision of the Synaxis of the Primates of Orthodox Churches, which took place from March 6 to 9, 2014, in Istanbul, each autocephalous Church shall be represented at the Pan Orthodox Council by a delegation including the Primate of the Church and no more than twenty-four bishops. By the resolution of the Bishops’ Council of the Russian Orthodox Church, which took place on February 2-3, 2016, (Par. 3), the Holy Synod was charged with forming a delegation of the Russian Orthodox Church to the Pan-Orthodox Council.
that the following delegation of the Russian Orthodox Church be sent to the Pan-Orthodox Council to take place from June 18 to 27, 2016:
Members of the delegation:
- His Beatitude Onufry, Metropolitan of Kiev and All Ukraine.
- Metropolitan Juvenaly of Krutitsy and Kolomna
- Metropolitan Vladimir of Kishinev and All Moldavia
- Metropolitan Alexander of Astana and Kazakhstan, head of the Metropolitan Region in the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Metropolitan Vikenty of Tashkent and Uzbekistan, head of the Central Asia Metropolitan Region
- Metropolitan Varsonofy of St Petersburg and Ladoga, chancellor of the Moscow Patriarchate
- Metropolitan Pavel of Minsk and Zaslavl, Patriarchal Exarch for All Belarus
- Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, head of the Moscow Patriarchate department for external church relations
- Metropolitan Agafangel of Odessa and Izmail
- Metropolitan Alexander of Riga and All Latvia
- Metropolitan Tikhon of Novosibirsk and Berdsk
- Metropolitan Sergiy of Ternopol and Kremenets
- Metropolitan Kirill of Yekaterinburg and Verkhoturye
- Metropolitan Merkury of Rostov and Novocherkassk
- Metropolitan Mitrofan of Lugansk and Alchevsk, chairman of the Ukrainian Orthodox CHURCH department for external church relations
- Metropolitan Georgiy of Niznniy Novrogod and Arzamas
- Metropolitan Anthony of Borispol and Brovary, chancellor of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church
- Archbishop Mark of Berlin-Germany and Great Britain
- Archbishop Innokenty of Vilna and Lithuania
- Archbishop Guriy of Novogrudok and Slonim
- Archbishop Seraphim of Sendai
- Archbishop Ioann of Magadan and Sinegorye
- Archbishop Lazar of Narva and Prichudje
- Bishop Anthony of Bogorodsk