Wednesday, March 1, 2017

New blog: Hellenophile

A new blogged from a blogger I've been following for a while called Hellenophile. If this sort of thing interests you (as it does me), give it a viewing.


What do I plan to do here? The blog's name, Hellenophile (lover of Greek), suggests most of the likely topics. I’ll write about topics both classical and early Christian, and focus primarily on texts written in Greek. At the moment, Gregory of Nazianzus, Origen of Alexandria, and a smattering of classical Greek poets are likely to furnish most of my pretexts for posts.

What to look for? I plan to open with a series of posts on various noteworthy passages in the new homilies of Origen of Alexandria on the Psalms. The first one should drop on Sunday, March 5...
Complete post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment