Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Homeschooling resources!

(antiochian.org) - As you know some 25 million children are out of school because of the coronavirus that is sweeping our country. The Department of Homeschooling, of which I am privileged to be the hierarchical overseer, is offering you the opportunity to learn about homeschooling and possibly utilize it for our children. Here (PDF) is a document​ with many resources which will help you navigate establishing your own homeschool. If you would like to communicate with someone directly you can contact the director of the department, Fr. Noah Bushelli (nbushelli@gmail.com or 215-954-9286) or Dn. David Hyatt (saintemmeliaministries@gmail.com or 218-576-8324). Also, you can visit www.saintemmelia.com.

Yours in Christ,
Bishop THOMAS

2 comments:

  1. My, how far we have come. 27 years ago when my late wife and I began homeschooling I was called by the then director of education for the Antiochian Archdiocese and told point blank that my wife and I were totally incompetent to teach our own child--not even about the faith.

    I am thankful that intelligence, compassion and support for parents trying to exercise our duty to teach our children is now the way of things. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately, my Bishop and the priest if my parish did not feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete