Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Dinesh D'Souza

I don't waste much time on proving Christianity. There is a flippancy that puts me in the position of expending a lot of energy while the doubting party can sit amused at my efforts - imagine me pushing a broken down car while he steers. If not flippancy, there is an anger or dismissiveness that pulls historical actions of Christians before me in tribunal fashion to act as defendant. There are simply too many books on the truths about far-fetched anti-Church myths for me to carry around texts on witch trials, the Inquisition, or Galileo.

So much appreciation ("Respect." as the current vernacular would have it.) for a man willing to fight the good fight where fools and fanatics love to tread. I'm listening to his debate against a militant anti-religion writer as I type.

No comments:

Post a Comment