Thursday, December 3, 2009

On reading this blog

To make sure this blog is still on the right track - that it is topical and holds interest for readers - I do an occasional review of the traffic this blog receives. If you're interested, here's the data.

  • Of traditional readers (people who visit the blog through normal web browsing) in February of this year there were around 4,000 views. For the last complete month (November) there were around 10,000. A rather good uptick.

  • Google Reader doesn't keep historical data, but as of this month there are 141 people subscribed to this site's RSS feed.

  • Google Followers (also called Google Friend Connect) has reached 61.

  • On a news reader I'm not familiar with, Bloglines, I'm told there are 13 subscribers.

  • Although not much publicized, this blog has a Twitter feed with 138 followers.

Put together, the data would seem to report that this blog is faring rather well. I am, of course, always happy to receive comments, tweets, or emails on ways this blog could improve.

4 comments:

  1. 4000 to 10,000 is a huge uptick! Congrats.

    I'm a Bloglines user although I don't think I've put you on my feed yet :/ I do have a Google reader account but just couldn't make the switch. I would like to know how you figure out how many Google Readers you have subscribed to your site? I could never figure that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations indeed.

    I also pull you through my Bloglines. And, I wouldn't change a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the quick responses.

    I had never heard of Bloglines. I'll give it a looksie. As for finding out a Google Reader count: Go to Google Reader, Explore, Search, put in your blog's name, and it will spit out the subscriber count.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Without a doubt, Byzantine, TX is the premier Orthodox news blog in existence. OCAnews.org, while an excellent site, is not really a blog, so it doesn't count.

    Now, how about sending some of those followers to St. James' Kids? :-)

    ReplyDelete