Thursday, July 7, 2011

Giddy up!

In a few short days my family and I will be moving up North for seminary. I beg your prayers for our safe travel and a successful move-in. Additionally, our current home doesn't sell for some weeks and any orations made for an unimpeded transaction there will also be most welcome.

I must say that the idea of snow that "sticks" and must be pushed off the roads is an unsettling one, but at the same time one can walk down the thoroughfare in summertime and not sweat into almost immediate dehydration.

The people will be different I expect as will some customs I've grown up with being a good Son of the South. Classmates will notice the way my children say words like fixing to, ma'am, and y'all. My wife will have to find a good resource for nopales, jalapeƱos, and grits. I will have to adjust to roads that claim to be straight, but wander hither and thither like a man lost in the dark. Orthodoxy is also rather different (language, dress, demographics) down here than it is up there and I hope that adjustment is a smooth one as well.

God willing, the blog will continue unabated. Your prayers have been invaluable as the blog has weathered new children, injuries, and illnesses. I trust a change in scenery won't be the downfall of the site.

7 comments:

  1. My prayers are with you and your family. My Family and I are on a similar journey in a few weeks. We are off to St. Tikhon's where I will be enrolled in my first year of seminary. Where is your destination?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps the blog's title should be changed to Byzantine [Name of Seminary's State] ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. My God bless your journey and your studies!

    Say hi to Fr Nik (and the rest of the faculty) for me! ;)

    In Christ,

    +FrG

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayers go with you and your family! this will be an interesting journey for all of you.

    Followed your Byzantine blog for some time now without commenting, but you have done a great job.
    Keep it up. we need you and more like you.

    rdr. james morgan
    olympia, wa

    all lower case because I'm so humble!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto what Rdr. James said (except for the part about being humble!). Your site is wonderful. I trust your experience at seminary will provide much fruitful fodder for the site. I don't advise changing the name, though. I have a feeling you will be pining for home by the time seminary is over (except, perhaps, for the summer heat)!

    ReplyDelete