Sunday, December 11, 2011

The fun of the St. Herman Middle School Retreat

When I used to read announcements for the St. Herman Middle School retreats I thought they were for the eponymous school; I expect I am not alone in this misapprehension. In fact, my kids just returned from this retreat for all Orthodox middle schoolers (grades 5th-8th) held at the Antiochian Village for children in the Western Pennsylvania area. While it's an Antiochian Archdiocese-administered event, there were youth from the OCA, the Carpatho-Russian Diocese, and the Antiochian Archdiocese in attendance. Expect me to plug this event with some gusto when the time rolls around again. My kids had a blast and made quick friends with their roommates. There are plans in the works for another retreat in around 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment