Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Met. Antony recovering from driving-while-tired accident

(UOC-USA) - Earlier this morning Archbishop Daniel received the following note from His Eminence Metropolitan Antony:
Hello Vladyko... As I await the time for surgery on my broken ankle, I wanted to send a note of gratitude to you and to all our staff for a job not only well done, but beyond superbly done for the glory of God throughout our Centennial Celebration. From the hundreds of messages, voicemails and emails I have received I know that everyone present absolutely enjoyed their experience.

I also want to express my deep gratitude to all who have sent me get well messages and are still praying for my recovery. I can feel the three broken ribs healing and will be off my left foot until the ankle heals after surgery - they say for two months. I beg of all who may read this: DO NOT DRIVE WHEN YOU ARE TIRED - NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU MAY HAVE DONE IT BEFORE AND BEEN OK. That was my situation. Now, however, I suffer for not making the right decision with my own injuries and even more so because my beloved dog and great friend - Lacey - has died from her injuries. Don’t let this happen to any of you and your families!

I love you all dearly and I want you to know that your thoughts and prayers have been such support for me - more than you can imagine! Prayer is a powerful weapon against the enemies of Christ and even more powerful when concentrated on beseeching His healing touch. I pray for blessing abundantIy each of your lives and embrace you all in His Love.

May the Grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the Love of God the Father and the Fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

+ Antony

No comments:

Post a Comment