Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Liturgica.com and others

The chances are good if you listen to the music of Ancient Faith Radio then Liturgica.com is supplying them with the CD. Truthfully, they carry music you're not likely to find elsewhere or in as easy a searchable index (Byzantine, Roman, Coptic, Armenian, etc.).

For catechetical material I'm fond of the God With Us series as it has material for children, adult catechumens, and the theologically savvy as well. I also buy a lot (too much?) from St. Vladimir's Seminary Press. You can really buy books anywhere, but the people I have talked to there are willing to give you real answers on the books they own (i.e. not just read the back cover to you) and to provide suggestions when you have a general topic of interest.

I buy my icons, incense, etc. from Holy Transfiguration Monastery. Some months ago they revamped their online store, which makes searching and purchasing far easier. Before it was a process of printing out things, emailing others, and never knowing where your order was. Since the renovation it's all point and purchase with emails sent as the products are shipped.

I post this because one of the more frequent emails I get is about where to find books and domestic church items. Feel free... nay... feel encouraged to comment with your favorite online retailer of religious goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment